Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Games » NinjaBee General

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 am 

IGN says it is close to being gone!

I am really excited for this game, and am really upset that it might be cancelled. Of course, this is still rumor, and it could be easily shot down by the devs here. So please, please, shoot this down!

What is the status of the project right now? Is it really being delayed past the August 28 ship date? I can live with that as long as I get to play it!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:04 am 

If it means it's cancelled for Wii and ported to THE console, then I will be happy...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:08 pm 
NinjaBee

Any rumors saying that Wahoo was not able to deliver the product are false. But I'm afraid we can't comment on the status of the project.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:42 pm 

AC91 wrote:
IGN says it is close to being gone!

I am really excited for this game, and am really upset that it might be cancelled. Of course, this is still rumor, and it could be easily shot down by the devs here. So please, please, shoot this down!

What is the status of the project right now? Is it really being delayed past the August 28 ship date? I can live with that as long as I get to play it!

W.T.F.?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This better be false. As for "missing it's aug/sept. launch window"...it's not even the middle of August yet. I know the game needs lead time for disc pressing, etc...but c'mon!

Obviously, stay can't talk about it but I'm confident in the statement that Wahoo isn't at fault here.

If this is true...I probably won't own a Wii this year. Seriously. This game was going to be the one that would push me over the top and force me to buy a Wii. Without it...I'll just wait and mooch off my friend's Wii.

Say it ain't so!

P.S. To Steve, Jeremy, Brent, and the rest of the team -- whatever happens I'm excited to see what you guys and gals do next, whether it's finish and ship SST (delayed or not) or move on to some other creative zany and wildly entertaining game!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:42 pm 

They just showed it 1 month ago. Doesn't seem likely they would go through the effort to show it at E3 just to decide to cancel it a couple of weeks later.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 pm 

staticwrap wrote:
They just showed it 1 month ago. Doesn't seem likely they would go through the effort to show it at E3 just to decide to cancel it a couple of weeks later.

Unless the response from everyone was "god we hate this game". But seriously, if you take the time to see this game (meaning you are curious or interested in tycoon games) you will probably enjoy it.

Slipping a deadline is possible and understandable but outright cancellation?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 pm 

Any updates on the game? Am I still going to be rushing out on the 28th for the game, or has it been officially delayed?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:57 pm 

It is IGN.

It is safer to assume they are incorrect than correct.

That monkey is going to pay...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 am 

According to this IGN podcast, SST is now confirmed as cancelled. :(

33:27

"So what about Space Station Tycoon, when's that coming out man?"
"The game's coming out soon-"
"Whoopsies."
"- by soon I mean never. Yeah, I posted that rumour a couple of days ago..."
"Is that confirmed yet? Do we know?"
"Well I posted that rumour then my source called me the next day and he's like 'Dude - why'd you post it as a rumour?'. Wasn't I supposed to? 'No, it's true - just post it a as a news story'."

They go on for a little while longer saying that they're disappointed about this, but the above is the main part of what they're saying.

mgg

Edit: Added Transcript.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:10 pm 

Wow...that is why I don't listen to podcasts very often.

Stay's response is cryptic, but that is how he always is. I trust Stay's response which directly refutes the "they could never get it up and running to snuff".

I am not saying there is no chance of it being cancelled, but understand they are using one source who claims that he/she is accurate. They use EBgames.com to "verify" release dates and we all know they make the information up to make pre-sells. Remember Mass Effect coming out in June?...yeah. IGN also seems to use "I think" as their own internal confirmation which is just silly.

Unfortunately podcasts are usually far from proper journalism and the IGN podcast is a prime example of this.

IGN in general is far from proper journalism in any form. Their GEON "preview" still haunts me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:20 pm 

I'll wait for Namco's announcement before IGN's.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:33 pm 

Yeah, an "inside source" could be anyone. We have our own "inside sources" on these forums, and we know it isn't anything technical. Maybe it was delayed, but cancellation just seems far fetched. Wouldn't that be dumb for a publisher to cancel a game that is almost ready to be released. I doubt they would lose money for simply releasing the game.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:12 am 

:lol: I love your comment on that article AC, that and Lunars.

Anyway, most sites are now showing an early 2008 release.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:18 am 

"second who said I was an official journalist, I consider myself more of a gorilla journalist.."

Now, I know I am not the best with grammar and spelling, but that line is hilarious.

Thanks Static, I didn't even look at the comments before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 pm 

Lol, thanks. Yeah, that jpanneta guy has been bashing SST since it was announced. I wanted to come in and say something, but didn't feel like making an account just to tell him off. When I saw what he said back to Lunar, I realized now would be a good time for one. Didn't realize I could use my GameSpy account though... that would have been nice for earlier times.

I really want to know what truth was in what he said though. It seems crazy that he would have info at all, so I really doubt an ounce of that was true.

I love these forums, because we are all pretty much awesome and civilized here. Excluding staticwrap, but we try to ignore him. :P

Board index » Games » NinjaBee General