BoB FAQ/Walkthrough is complete!

Discussion about the Live Arcade tactics game Band of Bugs

Moderator: ninjabees

thermalstone

BoB FAQ/Walkthrough is complete!

Postby thermalstone » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:19 pm

I have finished a comprehensive walkthrough for Band of Bugs. It's up at gamefaqs.com now. I figured that no one was going to beat my overall scores, so I decided to share my strategies and tips. All the single player missions, including the expansion campaigns, are covered.

I know there are a few missions (Maal's Story 20 springs to mind) where people have recorded significantly higher scores than me. If you have a similar or higher score than I do and you got it with a different strategy, I would be interested to hear from you. I don't start full time employment until mid November and will probably put out an update if anyone sends me a good strategy. I may also put in the stand alone missions in a later update.

Hopefully this FAQ will generate more interest in Band of Bugs and get a good leaderboard chase going again.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360 ... 8058/50551
Kaeporo

Postby Kaeporo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Nice job.
Gamertag- Kaeporo
"One last drink and the bottle breaks, returning us to the dust from whence we came."
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:26 pm

Wow, that's a big chunk of work! Nice job!

We might want to sticky this topic or throw this link into another stickied topic, since this addresses a lot of floating "how do I finish level X?" questions...
thermalstone

Postby thermalstone » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Go ahead and make it a sticky if you want. In the FAQ I refer people with lengthy questions to this board anyways.

As to the length of the FAQ, I enjoyed your game a lot. Very simple but very complex at the same time, and highly addictive. I also have a lot of time on my hands lately. Let's see if any one can beat my scores now that they are armed with these strategies.
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:12 am

To tell you the truth, I don't know how I got my level 20 score. I see it's still #1, so I guess nobody else has either.

I still have some #1's left though, so that makes me happy. :o
thermalstone

Postby thermalstone » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 pm

I finally beat your level 20 score using a new strategy that I'm pretty sure no one else has tried before. In fact, the past week I was home sick a couple of days and went ape **** on BoB and I now have something like 30 number one scores! You still have a couple left so don't be too sad! I think I need to stop playing BoB before the habit becomes an addiction. :wink:

Game Master edit: Please don't try to censor bypass by replacing the "I" with an exclamation point.
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:07 am

thermalstone wrote:...I think I need to stop playing BoB before the habit becomes an addiction. :wink:

Too late!
thermalstone

Postby thermalstone » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:07 pm

I can't talk about ape sheets? What's the world coming too? (And what will monkeys sleep on?)
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:15 am

You can talk about ape sheets all you want. "Sheet" isn't a banned word :P

And they all live in those forests, so I would imagine they could sleep on that nice soft foliage. They might have some bed bugs, but at least it would provide a good night's rest.
AC91

Re:

Postby AC91 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:02 am

Game Master 627 wrote:You can talk about ape sheets all you want. "Sheet" isn't a banned word :P

And they all live in those forests, so I would imagine they could sleep on that nice soft foliage. They might have some bed bugs, but at least it would provide a good night's rest.

Hopefully those bugs won't go ape s*** on them Band of Bugs style!

And nice walkthrough! On the wiki?
thermalstone

Re: BoB FAQ/Walkthrough is complete!

Postby thermalstone » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:21 pm

If someone wants to put a link to it on the wiki that would be fine by me. I will say that there are several things in there that I have realized now are just plain wrong and there are at least three missions where I have come up with better strategies. No updates are planned for the walkthrough, but if there are more missions released I would probably fix those little things when I write new material for the new missions.
Leaderboards:
#1 Maal's Story
#1 Red Kingdom
#1 Ninja Sticks of Fury
Game Master 627

Re: BoB FAQ/Walkthrough is complete!

Postby Game Master 627 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:14 pm

thermalstone wrote:but if there are more missions released I would probably fix those little things when I write new material for the new missions.

I think he's trying to drop a hint to the NinjaBee team.

Return to “Band of Bugs”