Red Kingdom is up!

Discussion about the Live Arcade tactics game Band of Bugs

Moderator: ninjabees

AC91

Postby AC91 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:17 pm

Well, lucky for me, and actually by coincidence, I haven't played the last level yet. I think I might redownload it before I beat it just to make sure I get the achievements to show up.

According to MGC, nobody has all the achievements yet. I don't know if I should wait or not... Theoretically, will I get my achievements if I redownload the DLC and then beat it?

Tangled Spider wrote:
AC91 wrote:
Tangled Spider wrote:But I'm still happier today than you can imagine. The spider GamerPicture which has also been released is just what I've wanted on my GamerCard for months now. :D

Yeah, those were pretty cool. I really like being the only person I have seen with the Maal pic.

By the way, a random question, but what is your connection to MGC? I notice your gamertag on there sometimes.

Sorry for the late response AC91. I was getting emails when people replied to this topic but it stopped. madgreatgrandpa just let me know you'd directed a question at me so I came running. :P

I'm the forum administrator and project manager. So my main role really is to suggest things to Morgon, look at what he's worked on and then give feedback. I don't really create any of the features myself because I know very little about coding right now.

Well that is really cool. Mygamercard is a really well done site in my opinion, so just keep up the good work (or tell Morgon to).
jclast

Postby jclast » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 am

Well, I just got home a little while ago, played the last mission again and no gamerscore. What's weird though is that if I look at the BoB achievements it says that I attained them and how much gamerscore they're worth, but it shows 200/230 even though the achievements attained add up to 230/230.

I certainly hope there's a fix coming for this. Seems a bit crappy to essentially hear "ha ha you shouldn't have bought it on the first day."
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:01 am

I definitely agree that it's crappy! I'll do my best to find a better answer. Still looking into it...
Kevar

Postby Kevar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:42 am

If this is an issue that can be fixed with a title update, will you be releasing one in the future?
Kaeporo

Postby Kaeporo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:37 pm

I didn't see an issue with the achievements. Maybe i'm overlooking the situation...
Gamertag- Kaeporo
"One last drink and the bottle breaks, returning us to the dust from whence we came."
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:18 pm

OK, I have confirmed for myself the problem with achievements and gamerscore in Red Kingdom. I have the achievement for finishing the campaign, but got no gamerscore from it. I hadn't even downloaded the DLC until after it was "fixed", so I know that's not the problem.

Has anyone gotten gamerscore from the Red Kingdom achievements?

Has anyone NOT been able to get the achievement itself after the fix?

I'm checking into this again with Microsoft.
Kaeporo

Postby Kaeporo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:46 pm

stay wrote:OK, I have confirmed for myself the problem with achievements and gamerscore in Red Kingdom. I have the achievement for finishing the campaign, but got no gamerscore from it. I hadn't even downloaded the DLC until after it was "fixed", so I know that's not the problem.

I believe I earned the achievements. I'll provide proof in a second.
Gamertag- Kaeporo

"One last drink and the bottle breaks, returning us to the dust from whence we came."
Kaeporo

Postby Kaeporo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Oh, nevermind. I guess I didn't.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achi ... 09%5d%3bhe)j3w%03

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Achievements are nice to earn, but they don't mean much. Unless it's a really hard achievement, (1,000/1,000 on Lost Planet FTW)
Gamertag- Kaeporo

Lucifon

Postby Lucifon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:05 pm

The achievements still arn't showing up when you view peoples profiles :(
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:07 pm

Yep...It's still messed up. Only the dashboard achievement menu shows 14 out of 14. Everywhere else doesn't seem to have them.
jclast

Postby jclast » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:41 pm

My dashboard view shows 14/14 but 200/230. The website shows 12/12.
MysticWeirdo

Postby MysticWeirdo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:14 pm

stay wrote:OK, I have confirmed for myself the problem with achievements and gamerscore in Red Kingdom. I have the achievement for finishing the campaign, but got no gamerscore from it. I hadn't even downloaded the DLC until after it was "fixed", so I know that's not the problem.

Last week after experiencing the problem on my MysticWeirdo gametag, I did a test on a local (not live enabled) account unlocking one of the new achievements and the gamescore for it was added there even though it didn't on the live enable account.

I'm assuming Microsoft hasn't pushed out the database update yet when the profiles on xbox.com are still listing only 12 achievements.

What I think (hope) will happen is once the database is updated the previously earned achievements will sync up as if they were earned offline and the correct gamescore will appear.
madgreatgrandpa

Postby madgreatgrandpa » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 pm

I too am waiting for the achievement fix before I purchase the Red Kingdom content.

I'm not holding out because of the achievements themselves, but rather on the principle of wanting to buy the DLC when it's fully functional, so that I can enjoy it at its optimum (good job on the pricing of it by the way). :)

Please can Microsoft hurry up with this? I really want to play it...

Does anyone have any pictures of the new units? I'm interested to see what they look like - everyone's descriptions sound intriguing. ;)

mgg
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:56 pm

We made a short trailer of the Red Kingdom content. I'll try to get that posted to youtube today.
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Please try to put it on marketplace. Minigolf did that for some DLC, so I am sure MS would do it for another Arcade game. Guitar Hero did some as well, which just made me even more ticked that the price of the pack is $6.25... "Teenagers" is one of the few good My Chemical Romance songs.

Return to “Band of Bugs”