PC version - redefine keys?

Discussion about the Live Arcade tactics game Band of Bugs

Moderator: ninjabees

Martoon

PC version - redefine keys?

Postby Martoon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Fantastic game. Very nicely done.

Only thing that's less than perfect on the PC version is the control scheme. When selecting grid squares with the mouse, something in the screen-to-3D projection is wonky. You generally have to click a ways above a square to select it, but how far above varies, so there's a lot of trial and error.

The keyboard control is better. Don't suppose there's any way to redefine the keys? It's mostly arrow keys and enter, so my left hand feels neglected. :wink:
Jeyefunk
NinjaBee

Re: PC version - redefine keys?

Postby Jeyefunk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:15 am

Glad to hear you like the game! Sadly though, there's no way to define the keys. Look on the bright side though, this frees up a hand to make it easier to munch on some chips or drink a heavily caffeinated beverage of your choice!

Jason F.
dezombie

Postby dezombie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:56 am

A left handed configuration would be nice. It is rather difficult to play BoB on a laptop while traveling with an overlay number pad.

That monkey is going to pay...
Jeyefunk
NinjaBee

Postby Jeyefunk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:17 pm

It is rather difficult to play BoB on a laptop while traveling with an overlay number pad.

The arrow keys should be supported on a laptop, please let us know if they're not and we'll definitely look into it. But otherwise, unfortunately, we just weren't able to get key redefinition into BOB.

Jason F.
dezombie

Postby dezombie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:28 pm

The arrow keys do function, but they are also in a poor position to play from while in a car or on a plane. It is just a preference issue.

If remapping cannot be supported in BoB then that is the way it is. Not a big issue, but I figured I would comment since the thread was created.

That monkey is going to pay...
Zee

Postby Zee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 am

I think it there should be at least an option to be able to redefine the keys, it is a pc game after all.
ImageImage

Return to “Band of Bugs”