Is Band of Bugs 360 Done?

Discussion about the Live Arcade tactics game Band of Bugs

Moderator: ninjabees

thermalstone

Is Band of Bugs 360 Done?

Postby thermalstone » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:07 am

Is it realistic to expect any more downloads for BoB for our XBoxes? MarmosetofDeath hinted in a prior post that there might be more than 20 expansion missions. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8185

I personally think that the market could take one more campaign and they can't cost you too much time or resources to produce since the basic game is already built. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, I think I will retire from BoB, having taken #1 scores in all 40 missions. 8) Great game. I had a lot of fun with it even though I came to late to do any real online playing. I look forward to seeing and dominating whatever you guys come up with next.
Leaderboards:
#1 Maal's Story
#1 Red Kingdom
#1 Ninja Sticks of Fury
staticwrap

Re: Is Band of Bugs 360 Done?

Postby staticwrap » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 am

:cry:

At one point I had every #1 in the Red Kingdom campaign, and spent who knows how many hours getting the other number 1's. You, sir, are a dedicated person.
thermalstone

Postby thermalstone » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Most of them weren't that hard. I just used the three principles of moving quickly, getting as many critical hits as possible, and saving a separate game before each step so you can make different moves or replay sections faster. Sometimes I would get the high score on my first try and usually I was close enough that I could reload my last save and play faster to get it. I also found that the Red Kingdom 4 & 6 strategy of slaughtering wave after wave of enemies works on several other missions as well. Once I had 20 high scores I thought I might as well go for 30, once I had 30, I thought 35, and so on. The most difficult ones to beat were your scores on the first and last missions where saving and critical hits don't really help. Those I did have to repeat many times. I only play about three games on a regular basis, and yes, I have a lot of time on my hands.
Leaderboards:
#1 Maal's Story
#1 Red Kingdom
#1 Ninja Sticks of Fury
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:42 am

Well you deserve them then, you have more patience than I. After a couple of reloads, I kinda got jittery and tried a different map.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:06 pm

First of all, I think it's pretty clear you're both insane. :)

Second, yes, we have at least one more downloadable pack in the works, but there are some delays, so don't expect it any time soon. The game was carefully built to support lots of different DLC, so we have the option of doing a lot more in the future, but it will depend on a lot of things including how well Band of Bugs sells over time.

In any case, keep an eye out for new DLC, but don't hold your breath.
thermalstone

Postby thermalstone » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 pm

That's good to hear. I'll keep half an eye out and continue breathing. See if you can get XBLive to give you more publicity. I didn't even find out about the RK download until I noticed the new leaderboards. If I was someone who had bought the game when it first came out, enjoyed it for a couple months, but did not play on a regular basis after that, I might never have found out about RK.

And we're not insane. The addition of leaderboards made your game more addictive than crack.
Leaderboards:
#1 Maal's Story
#1 Red Kingdom
#1 Ninja Sticks of Fury
AC91

Postby AC91 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:46 am

I havent even had time to play through the Ninja Sticks of Fury campaign yet! lol Ill get on it pretty soon.

Speaking of sales, how well has the DLC content been selling? If you cant give anywhere near specifics, can you say if it's better or worse than OKX?
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Yeah, and also say if it was worth the time, effort, and money involved to release the content. Just a yes, maybe, or no will do. But please say yes :)
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 am

I think the results on the DLC have been good overall. In terms of a percentage of people who owned the game and bought the DLC, it's been great. I would suggest this is because the DLC is very deep and adds a ton of gameplay to the base game.

In terms of total sales, I'm still waiting to decide if it was worth it. At this point I don't think I would suggest a different path - I'm really proud of the DLC and I think it helps support the main game and gives the fans of the game a cool reward and helps improve public awareness, even if the actual finances don't add up very well. :)

Return to “Band of Bugs”