A battle between #1 and a developer...

Discussions about Cloning Clyde on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360

Moderator: ninjabees

Game Master 627

A battle between #1 and a developer...

Postby Game Master 627 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 am

Just signed up here and posted a few things after I found out that these forums exist. From the little I have read so far, I know that Stay is a developer that plays the game, which I think is great. I thought it would be interesting for the #1 guy on the leaderboards and a developer face off in versus, or even fool around in co-op.

Not sure who else here is a developer and plays since I've only noticed Stay, but the more the better.

Gamertag is the same as here, obviously. Send away the friend request Stay and whoever else if you're up for a game. Make sure to attach a voice message saying who you are or I will deny it. I've been getting an insane amount of random friend requests ever since I grabbed #1. Crazy people.
AC91

Postby AC91 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:49 pm

Lol, I am sure they will play you, but I am also sure they will WHOOP YOU UP AND DOWN!!! No, I have played with stay (nobody else yet, come on guys post gamertags! :P) and he is really fun to play with.

By the way, you need to post in the co-op clan...we could use more good players lol.
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:52 pm

I am sure I would get "whooped" in Versus. I do know the maps, but certainly no good strategies for them.

And my group of me, I Patman I, cg130 and Agent M4 is starting to lose it. Agent has been playing many things lately besides C.C., such as Chromehounds which he got a few days ago. He keeps refusing to play because he wants to do the other things. Cg already said that he is getting sick of the game and can't understand why I am still playing it, so it seems that he will be out of the picture soon as well. As for Patman, I am not sure. Cg and him know eachother in real life, so they play Halo 2 and things a lot.

After I'm sure I will need other people to play with, I will make a post in that co-op thread.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:58 pm

@Game Master 627:

Ah-ha! A thrown gauntlet!

You, sir, have impuned my honor. I demand satisfaction!

Seriously, though, I suck at vs. mode. You would very easily destroy me. I'm not completely useless in a co-op game, but even there I'm not really in the top set of players. AC, Lunar, Gravity, XBLArcade (Tomacco) are all much better than I.

However, I would be happy to either co-op with you or take you on in a vs. match. I'll try to remember to friend you next time I'm on. (Sorry I didn't read this earlier). I'm "gostay".

John (lead designer/developer) is on these forums (as Kenworthy) but he hasn't been playing Clyde online since the launch. Maybe if we all taunt him...

There are other NinjaBees on Live - I'll have to make sure they know about this and see if they're not too scared... :)
AC91

Postby AC91 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Don't worry stay. I played with him in some co-op/versus today, and I think you can take him....might need to give you some strategies to use against him though...

We actually did some stuff twice that had never happened (in one of my games) before. We had a semi-draw. I guess we blew up the last bot at the same time, because at the end screen (on two different games) the score was 4 to 4. Only one team one (My team :)) but it was weird that it happened not once, but twice in a row. It was pretty cool.
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:55 pm

stay wrote:I'll try to remember to friend you next time I'm on.

Did anybody else read that as something dirty? No? Yeah, it is probably just me...

stay wrote:(Sorry I didn't read this earlier).

No exuses! AC, I think you know what needs to be done with slackers. That's right, the dungeon.

stay wrote:There are other NinjaBees on Live - I'll have to make sure they know about this and see if they're not too scared... :)

No guarantees. I seem to have that effect on people.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the request. Just one other person and it can be me, you, AC and whoever else.
AC91

Postby AC91 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:33 pm

Game Master 627 wrote:No exuses! AC, I think you know what needs to be done with slackers. That's right, the dungeon.

NO! NOT THE DUNGEON!!!

I think stay doesn't feel like playing. I have a guess he is working on the picture packs, or maybe some download levels, or typing up the announcement of their next game, or.....
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 am

Hehe... I do feel like playing, actually. I'm usually at work pretty late these days, so I have only narrow windows of time to play and read forums.
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:41 am

stay wrote:Hehe... I do feel like playing, actually. I'm usually at work pretty late these days, so I have only narrow windows of time to play and read forums.

Hey, since you do wanna play, get online! I feel like Clyde right now.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:31 am

9:30pm and I'm still at work. Actually, I'm going home right now, so I might check and see who's online in an hour or so...
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:20 am

stay wrote:9:30pm and I'm still at work. Actually, I'm going home right now, so I might check and see who's online in an hour or so...

Man, isn't that a lot of time and work put into a game you haven't announced yet. I could see it around launch, but man, you guys must be doing some awesome stuff over there.
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 am

So... the game builds itself? Technology has gotten so advanced!

We found an awesome new glitch while trying co-op tonight that could cut down some serious times on some levels. It seems to only work with lag and is random, though. But it works none-the-less. I think I will keep it to myself just so me and stay can laugh at you less fortunate people who don't know it!

Along with that, I found out that stay really likes Frogger. I also learned what the name "stay" actually means. It is some very deep meaning that none of you could comprehend. Stay will probably find that funny...

Of course, he could have already mentioned it here and I didn't see it. In which case, I probably look like an idiot right now.
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:04 pm

I am deducing that the name stay has something to do with his real name...
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:05 pm

Yup...you look like an idiot. But it's not because I already know what stay means... :lol:
Kidding...kidding! :wink:

You guys are finding all these crazy glitches...can I play too? (Now that I'm finished with GUN and it's on its way back to Gamefly I've got some time!)

I have half a mind to buy frogger just to see stay's Mad SkillZ. I mean I'd pay *more* than $5 to see a violin virtuoso...
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:56 pm

Man, Game Master shares his 1337 glitches with people who are way back in the leaderboard, but won't help the potential spot takers! :P

It's actually funny that you are, because Gravity wouldn't show stay ANY of the glitches, I think he was scared he would get banned.

I sent Stay a message telling him to make you show him where we got on top of a few of those levels. That was fun.

Return to “Cloning Clyde (Xbox 360 Live Arcade)”