Clyde: Secrets Revealed - Last updated 11-08-08 (CO-OP!)

Discussions about Cloning Clyde on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360

Moderator: ninjabees

staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 pm

I have no idea what that is but it sounds aggravating.
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:16 pm

staticwrap wrote:I have no idea what that is but it sounds aggravating.

Trap Launching 101:

Definition: (v) To trap your marble between two colliding objects which results in the physics engine launching your marble high into the air.

Trap Launching can be done in various levels in Marble Blast Ultra and requires patience, speed, and pin-point accuracy. Slide into position too early and you'll likely fall through a gap or shoot your marble straight down. Slide into position too late and you'll likely see little to no result at all.

Basically if you can get your marble wedged into between the edges of two objects, the physics of the game demand that the tension be dispersed and sometimes can result in your marble shooting way into the air. It can be very useful when trying to get fast times because you can skip 90% of the level and launch right to the exit. But when I was "good" at it I could do it succesfully like 1 in 50 times or so. That *might* be an understatement too. :shock:

That's the long answer. The short one is: Yes, yes it is aggravating.

But isn't that what makes the game so much fun? :lol: :cry: :lol:
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:03 pm

I wouldn't know, I didn't buy it :).
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 pm

No Lunar, CC Glitching is not as aggravating as MBU Trap Launching. Wow, that is some intense stuff they can do! I was just a happy man to get all under par. I might have used it if it worked on the last level. Wow...

Schadenfreude is the coolest name for a level though. The only German word I know.
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:15 pm

That last level in MBU nearly killed me. So easy to fall off...and the designer must've really had a great case of schadenfreude.

I was into MBU, but I never got to the point that those guys that notched their controllers because they discovered you actually move faster if you're going diagonally...crazy!!
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:59 pm

LunarDuality wrote:That last level in MBU nearly killed me. So easy to fall off...and the designer must've really had a great case of schadenfreude.

I was into MBU, but I never got to the point that those guys that notched their controllers because they discovered you actually move faster if you're going diagonally...crazy!!

I loved the game, but some of those scores were insane! I tried as hard as I could on some levels, but knew I would never be able to get those times. Of course later I hear a lot of them are tainted by using the notched controllers, so I feel good about mine. :D
Konqrr

Postby Konqrr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I haven't quit the video project. My 360 died and been busy...

Anyways, here's a hq version of the 7.61 second Level 7 run. Right Click, Save Target As...

It is in Xvid format, just FYI.
NinjaGirl
NinjaBee

Postby NinjaGirl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Okay, I really want to see how on EARTH you defeated Level 7 in 7 seconds, but when I download the video, I can hear what's going on but for some reason I can't see anything. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain program I need to run it on to be able to see the video? Any help you can give would be most appreciated. Thanks and congrats, you're my new hero! :)
staticwrap

Postby staticwrap » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 pm

You need to install the Xvid codec for Windows Media Player. http://www.Xvid.org has it somewhere.
Konqrr

Re: CC Videos (New Level 3, 4, 6, and 7 times uploaded)

Postby Konqrr » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:25 pm

First post updated with new times for Levels 3, 4, 6, and 7!
Game Master 627

Postby Game Master 627 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 am

That level 4 run... you made so many mistakes.... I can beat it without a doubt.... but no!! I gave this game up! I can't be tempted!!! But... but... I like being #1.....

You're going to give me a heart attack if you continue like this, Konqrr.
Konqrr

Postby Konqrr » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:50 am

Game Master 627 wrote:That level 4 run... you made so many mistakes.... I can beat it without a doubt.... but no!! I gave this game up! I can't be tempted!!! But... but... I like being #1.....

You're going to give me a heart attack if you continue like this, Konqrr.

Yeah, I didn't even fall with the wall at the beginning and hit so many walls on the way up, it is quite embarassing lol

Once the Level 14 video uploads I want you to tell me how you got 18 seconds on it as I did a near perfect run to get 28! The Challenge 01 that I just beat you on is going to be easy for you go beat, as it only took me two tries and I made a slew of mistakes in it as well.

Heart Attack...commense! There can be only one ^_^
Game Master 627

Re: CC Videos (New Level 3, 4, 6, 7, and 11 times uploaded)

Postby Game Master 627 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:27 am

Yeah, what you said about not following the wall in level 4. That was the second mistake of the run, however. The first mistake, and one I doubt you saw as you would have to have done it already to realize, was going too far into the robot in the water to kill it. I remember runs I've had before where I almost immediately got from the robot to the drain, but it isn't easy to do and takes quite a bit of luck.

I'm making a new thread right now to ask a question. I WILL do more runs, I can't deny Clyde of my skills. But I need something first...
Konqrr

Re: CC Videos (New Level 3, 4, 6, 7, and 11 times uploaded)

Postby Konqrr » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 am

Game Master 627 wrote:I remember runs I've had before where I almost immediately got from the robot to the drain, but it isn't easy to do and takes quite a bit of luck.

I've done this before, I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Return to “Cloning Clyde (Xbox 360 Live Arcade)”