Downloadable levels in the future?

Discussions about Cloning Clyde on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360

Moderator: ninjabees

insane

Downloadable levels in the future?

Postby insane » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:29 pm

I loved Cloning Clyde, fantastic game. Now that I finished it I'm left wondering if there are thoughts to create level packs for purchase in the future. I'm sure it depends on how well it sells...
AC91

Postby AC91 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:36 pm

The challenge levels were going to be downloadable, but ended up in the game. I don't know if they are making some now, but I would buy them.
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:28 pm

AC91 wrote:The challenge levels were going to be downloadable, but ended up in the game. I don't know if they are making some now, but I would buy them.

Unfortunately, there are no current plans for any DLC with Clyde. The word is that they had the choice of adding the ability to use DLC or to just stick the Challenge levels into the game from the get go, and the more levels sooner choice won.

It's really too bad that we can't look forward to more levels in the near future...but who knows, if we help the game sell like hotcakes then maybe they'll release a full on sequel!!!

Maybe stay or jkenworthy can shed more light on the actual decision and future plans?
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:04 am

Yep, you guys are right about the challenge levels and downloadable content plans. No current plans for future DLC, but John and I talked about it for a while today. I suppose it's not out of the question, but certainly not planned right now. Sequels are also not out of the question, but they'd have to stand on their own as cool new games.
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:12 am

stay wrote:Yep, you guys are right about the challenge levels and downloadable content plans. No current plans for future DLC, but John and I talked about it for a while today. I suppose it's not out of the question, but certainly not planned right now. Sequels are also not out of the question, but they'd have to stand on their own as cool new games.

First off, YAY! (Glad it's being bandied about over there)
Second off, a big Hell yeah to the fact that sequels must stand on their own and not become "Roster Update 07". Thank you for that.

p.s. when do you get info about how well the game is selling? I'm curious since I'm sure the sales will help you gauge the demand for things like DLC or Sequels.
fourzerotwo

Postby fourzerotwo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:13 am

I think if any additional content was to be made, it should be done in the form of DLC. I don't believe a sequel would go well in the new age of DLC. People would just want map packs to add onto the full game.

As you said, a Sequel would have stand its own as an NEW game. However DLC would be awesome, althought the development time and effort has to be worth the reward. I'm sure your numbers will decide that.
Site: http://www.fourzerotwo.com
Blog: http://fourzerotwo.spaces.msn.com

Note: I'm a bot, that is unaware of my botness.
Lifeforce

Postby Lifeforce » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:57 am

I propose calling it 'Oh No! More Clydes'.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:41 am

@Lunar: Good question. I wrote an article once about estimating sales from leaderboard entries:

http://www.ninjabee.com/blog/2006/04/es ... -from.html

There are about 17600 Obsession leaderboad entries, currently, which is pretty amazing for a few days, if you ask me. Honestly, way more than I expected a month ago.

We find out official numbers from Microsoft at various points, but not very often.
DAebi1

Postby DAebi1 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:02 am

stay wrote:@Lunar: Good question. I wrote an article once about estimating sales from leaderboard entries:

http://www.ninjabee.com/blog/2006/04/es ... -from.html

There are about 17600 Obsession leaderboad entries, currently, which is pretty amazing for a few days, if you ask me. Honestly, way more than I expected a month ago.

We find out official numbers from Microsoft at various points, but not very often.

That's great! Cloning Clyde is a tremendous game! Totally love the art style, humor and level design in it. Top notch work you guys! Keep these great games coming! :D
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:38 pm

stay wrote:There are about 17600 Obsession leaderboad entries, currently, which is pretty amazing for a few days, if you ask me. Honestly, way more than I expected a month ago.

Well, if 17,600 was more than you expected, how about the over 23,000 that are there as of last night? Sounds like the word is getting out there. And the word is *good*!

You can ride this wave of goodwill for the next few seconds while the forumites and I prepare our onslaught of questions about Swat... :lol:
LunarDuality

Postby LunarDuality » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:39 pm

Another 2 days, another 3,000 entries in the leaderboard...it's still doing well.
ManMadeGod21

Re: Downloadable levels in the future?

Postby ManMadeGod21 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 am

So, any word on a sequal or DLC (I guess it's a little late for that now)? Cloning Clyde would have been perfect for a DLC level pack.
NinjaGirl
NinjaBee

Postby NinjaGirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:57 pm

ManMadeGod21 wrote:So, any word on a sequal or DLC (I guess it's a little late for that now)? Cloning Clyde would have been perfect for a DLC level pack.

Nothing to announce right now. But don't worry, we're working on a bunch of really cool stuff that you should enjoy.
ATC 1982

Postby ATC 1982 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 pm

NinjaGirl wrote:
ManMadeGod21 wrote:Nothing to announce right now. But don't worry, we're working on a bunch of really cool stuff that you should enjoy.

Hope this means games and partial DLC 8)
AKFK - 200/200 as of 04May09
Doyle33

Postby Doyle33 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 am

I have heard that you can do it hack-free using a WiFi Max - it's a cheap ($30 USD) wireless adapter for your PC that will talk to your PSP. Your computer provides the internet connection and the WiFi Max acts like an access point.

I have one that I use for playing PSP games online with Xlink Kai. I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it to work.

Return to “Cloning Clyde (Xbox 360 Live Arcade)”