Cloning Clyde Backwards Compatibility

NinjaBee wants to know what YOU think about critical topics in the video game industry.

Moderator: ninjabees

Forum rules
Be honest, but be polite. NinjaBee makes a lot of family friendly games, so we like to keep our forums that way as well. Foul language will be moderated. Spammers will be banned.
Anhur

Cloning Clyde Backwards Compatibility

Postby Anhur » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Noticing that A Kingdom for Keflings was part of the Xbox Game pass reminded me about Cloning Clyde. I never played it back on the 360 (Aside from a demo disc I believe, not entirely sure if it was downloaded or not.) I'd buy it right away if it were to go backwards compatible though. Since MS always says Backwards Compatibility is not in their hands but up to the developers to decide I figured this would be the place to ask.
juse

Re: Cloning Clyde Backwards Compatibility

Postby juse » Wed May 31, 2017 5:59 pm

The way it usually works is Microsoft contacts us and asks us if they can add game X to the Backward Compatibility program, we say yes, then they do whatever magic it is they do to add it. We don't get to request any games. They come to us.

So what you're saying is true in a way. We do decide if we want to say "Yes" or "No" when they ask, but we don't control when they ask.

We also hope Cloning Clyde gets into the Backward Compatibility program!
-- dajuse

Return to “Questions That Count”