akimi village is not available on psn store anymore?

Discussion about Akimi Village for PlayStation Network (PSN)

Moderator: ninjabees

butfluffy

akimi village is not available on psn store anymore?

Postby butfluffy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:01 pm

the game does not appear to be available on the uk store so i decided to create a us account and it is not available on the us store either.
i have emailed the ninjabee guys and asked at the playstation forums but have had no replies yet.
so does anyone know what is going on? has the game been deleted temporarily or permanently?
there does not seem to be any info regarding the removal of the game and according to this website the user can still follow a buy link to the psn store to purchase the game but the game is not on the psn store anymore.
any info would be great, i've had this game on my games to get list for a while and now i can't purchase it anymore :(
juse

Re: akimi village is not available on psn store anymore?

Postby juse » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Hey, sorry you haven't heard anything yet. I've heard people around the office talking about someone telling them that Akimi was missing from the store. I'm surprised they haven't gotten back to you with anything, yet.

We were surprised to hear that it wasn't available, too. We had no idea it disappeared. IIRC, someone here reached out to Sony to find out why it was delisted, but I haven't heard if they got back to us or not.

A web search got me this, but I'm not sure if it would actually work:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/akimi-village/91649

I can ping people again to see what the status is.
-- dajuse
butfluffy

Postby butfluffy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:22 pm

thanks for the reply :) this is the first and only reply i have had anywhere regarding this issue.
i'm not sure that gamestop link would work either. i expect it would be like when i followed the buy link from this website and because it's not on the store anymore there would be no way to purchase and download from sony.
it's bad that they can just remove the game from the store without letting you guys know :(
akimi is a sony psn exclusive developed by ninjabee and sony removing it just like that without notification preventing ninjabee revenue from sales... well i'm no legal expert but it sounds like a breach of contract and should be illegal.
due to the fact sony have not notified ninjabee of any delisting and the game is not listed on any lists of officiallly delisted psn software leads me to believe maybe it's a mistake by sony and the game has not been officially delisted and should be available.
i'm hoping you guys can get the issue resolved because i purchased all your games available on the 360 and nutjitsu for the xboxone and i like them all but akimi is missing from my collection and it's all sonys fault.
juse

Postby juse » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm

We reached out to Sony and they said they would see what they could do about getting the game listed again. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'll try to keep you updated.
-- dajuse
butfluffy

Postby butfluffy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:46 am

thanks for contacting sony about this, i will check back every couple of days in case of any news.
will also check the psn store for akimi in case they add it again soon, hopefully yhtye will add it to the uk store and not just the usa store.
butfluffy

Postby butfluffy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:45 pm

there is still no sign of akimi village on the uk store and probably not on the us store either.
it's been over two months since you guys contacted them about it, i wonder why it is so hard for sony to just re list the game again.
ShawnS

Postby ShawnS » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Unfortunately it isn't so simple to get the game back online. It was published by Sony Online Entertainment but that division was sold off meaning any games they published would need new deals in place.

Since Akimi Village is five years old, wasn't as well received or as feature-packed as Keflings has become it's probably not worth the time, energy and money to try and get it back online.

I personally want to thank you, though, for posting about the game. Your post on this forum is about the only mention of the game's delisting I've found and was very helpful in my delisted games research.

Return to “Akimi Village”