!! SPOILER WARNING !!
Here's a walkthrough for Level 7, courtesy of Woody Thrower. This is one possible solution, but there are variations, for sure.
Walkthrough for Outpost Kaloki Level 7 (Homeward Bind)
- Build a Chem Lab and a Collector Prototype immediately. (Adjust the Chem Lab one notch up to "Happy Juice".)
- Once the Collector Prototype is functioning, turn it off until you have $350 so you can build the Hall of Records (then turn it on and build the Hall of Records, adjusting it one notch up -- always adjust science expansions one notch up).
- After the Hall of Records is built, wait until you have $700, then build a Generator.
- When the Generator is built, build a Janitor Closet (when you have enough money) followed by an Observatory. You'll find that you have exactly enough power for this without adjusting the Collector Prototype or the Generator.
- Once the Observatory is built, build a Dynamo Generator.
- Now that you have a good power source, it's time to get the visitors to stop whining. Give them a Singles Line to increase your cash flow. Adjust the Singles Line one notch up (to "Love Lines Teleprompt").
- When you have $950, build a Museum.
- After the Museum is built, talk to your new Einstein visitor to get plans for the next two science expansions.
- Wait until you have $700 so you can build a Garage 2. You don't have enough power yet, so adjust your Dynamo Generator so the periodic cost is $11. If you slide it carefully, you can get it JUST under $12 and get the most power for your dollar. Adjust the Generator the same way to $10. You need 150 extra power, so adjust the Collector Prototype until you have 150 power, and build your Garage 2. Adjust it to 2 Repair Droids.
- Now you can build a Fusion I! Well, once you have $1600, anyway. Right now though, your customers are demanding a nature expansion. You have more science than you need, so sell off your Chem Lab and build a Flower in its place. (Oh, and you remembered to adjust your Observatory one notch up, right?)
- Now you have a nice revenue stream. Wait for $1600, then build your very own Fusion I.
- Adjust the Fusion I up to $11 and it should give you all the power you need to build the Cryonics Lab and Nanotech Facility. The money should continue coming in, so it's just a matter of waiting and building when you have the cash.
- With the Nanotech Facility built, you can build a Fusion II. You don't even have to wait long for the money. You can reduce your power consumption and increase your cash by selling off all your expansions except the power sources and the Nanotech Facility (which you can't sell because your scientists need it). Once you have the Fusion II built, crank up the power and you should have more than enough to finish the level.
There are ways to improve efficiency in this walkthrough, but they're left as an excercise to the reader.