Sound on the screensaver?

General discussion about Outpost Kaloki for personal computers

Moderators: Marmosetofdeath, ninjabees

Jester

Sound on the screensaver?

Postby Jester » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:58 pm

Hey, excellent game, first off, indie games rarely hold my interest for long but I've been playing this for a week or so and it's still fun :D.

One thing though, I downloaded the screensaver too, but it has no sound. Or settings. Is this on purpose? One of the things I loved about the main game were the sounds of the ships as they flew (or swam? heh) across the screen.

Also I noticed the settings button changes the backdrop, but I think it would be better if a box popped up with a settings selection.

If this is a bug, then whahay, I spotted a bug. If it's on purpose then, oh. But, yeah, if not, what's up?
ninjabee
Site Admin

Postby ninjabee » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:41 pm

Jester,

Thanks! We're glad you like the game.

The screensaver is intentionally really simple. We've talked about adding user-controlled settings, but the basic idea was just to make a free download that gives people a taste of the Kaloki universe and encourages them to come to NinjaBee.com. Since we don't earn any money off the screensaver, we didn't want to sink too much time into it. Still, we'll consider doing an updated release in the future and adding user-controlled settings.

Yeah, sound is intentionally off - we think it's annoying for a screensaver to start making noise whenever it turns itself on, but that's just our point of view. Of course, another optional setting for that woule be nice... :)

Thanks for the feedback,

-- ninjabee
Jester

Postby Jester » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:25 am

Well seeing as I've already bought the game, I'm all for making the advanced screensaver settings customer-only :D.
Richard82755

ROFL

Postby Richard82755 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:43 am

Jester wrote:Well seeing as I've already bought the game, I'm all for making the advanced screensaver settings customer-only :D.

"seeing" is insanity.

Return to “Outpost Kaloki (PC/Mac)”