Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Games » Outpost Kaloki X (iPhone/iPod touch)

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 pm 
NinjaBee

A collection of previews, reviews and other cool mentions.

Previews

"This is a very easy game to interact with...My first impression is positive. So much so that I think I'll download the XBLA game after work tonight, too."--Levi, IGN

"It's a great gaming experience for people of all ages, successfully melding puzzle solving and management skills into a delightful and easy pick up and play game."--GamingAngels

Reviews

4.5/5 Stars “Kaloki Adventure is Fun! I start out with this simplistic statement because, well frankly I’m just not sure I’ll be able to do this game justice. So whatever you read from this point forward, just remember, Kaloki = Fun…the game is made all the better with a unique type of surreal humor that seems to combine both characters and story lines from The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy books and one of my all time favorite games, Earthworm Jim…If you’re still not sure there is a light version for download on the App Store so give that a shot, but something tells me you’ll be buying the full one not long after.”--Brendan Lutz, 148Apps

8/10 “It is a resource management game, to be sure. But it is breezy enough for any casual gamer to enjoy without too much stress, a critical factor that capsizes many management-style games…Kaloki Adventure is a good game at a good price. It's as simple as that. If you like resource management games or enjoyed Outpost Kaloki on the Xbox 360, there is no reason you will not like this iPhone edition. Download away.”—Levi Buchanan, IGN

“I have to admit that I like the soundtrack for the game. It’s a catchy little tune and, like everything else, fits the theme of the game well. The other sound effects are also polished. Kaloki Adventure keeps things fresh with the types of things you can add to the station. What starts off as lemonade stands moves off into the world of Space Observatories and Spy Training... Kaloki is definitely an adventure worth taking.”--Bob, AppVersity

4/5 Stars “My first response to the game was ‘like the 360 version, only tappier.’ That’s because this is the XBLA release, but made portable: it’s the same game, down to all of the graphics and mechanics. Some may take that as a negative, but instead I’m impressed that it looks and plays as well as it does, to the point where I’d be frustrated if I had to cycle through options on my 360 again.”--Dan, GamingShenanigans

8.0/10 “It's very easy to lose yourself into the illusion of becoming a space station manager though, and we had trouble putting the game down… For the money, even the regular price is well worth a look. Pick it up, you just may be pleasantly surprised.”--WePlayiPhone

8/10 “The game feels pretty slick, even if it doesn't always look it. The 2D characters are bright and sharp-looking, and I like the jaunty swing tunes…A lighthearted tycoon game, Kaloki Adventure is a great addition to the iPhone library. Fans of the XBLA title will find the gem just as engaging in its portable form, as slick controls and a streamlined interface combine for a whimsical bout of strategy.”--Catastrophe, ZTGameDomain

4 Stars "Whether or not you like the simulation/tycoon genre, Kaloki Adventure successfully brings a light-hearted approach to the iPhone/iPod Touch platform. Designed originally for the Xbox, Kaloki is fun, almost cartoony and very upbeat where you can easily lose yourself in this easy-to-learn game. The devs did an admirable job infusing this with personality in a way that isn’t overwhelming."--Albie, GamingRelativity

Kiss It "Graphics in Outpost Kaloki X are very good, especially for ones on the iDevices. The crisp 3-D graphics are pleasant to look at, with good detail while pixilated images are basically non-existent…Trust me, you won’t really want to play your own songs instead as the music in the game is great to listen to already…In the end, Kaloki Adventure is an excellent game that everyone should try, especially if you are a tycoon fanatic… NinjaBee has done it again with an excellent product, proving their reputation as a high quality developer.”--NP, TouchMyApps

8/10 "“It looks really good and sounds nice. It can be hard at times with no expansion tree but you will figure it out after a while. All in all a really good game…Kaloki Adventure is a very fun game to play. I have enjoyed my time with it so far. If you enjoy tycoon games then i would suggest it. Its also quite cheap and a good buy.”—Walsh App Reviews

Interviews

Interview with Kevin Heap and Jeremy Throckmorton, lead programmer and designer on Kaloki Adventure, on ZTGameDomain.com

Interview with Kevin, Taylor, Ben and Jason about converting Kaloki Adventure to the iPhone on the NinjaBee Blog.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm 
NinjaBee

We're getting some good reviews for Kaloki Adventure! Check out the few I've added, and the interview with Kevin and Jeremy about the choices they made when making the game. Enjoy!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 am 

Hello..
I own an iPhone and the Kaloki is very adventurous game.. I found its very easy and cool. I would love to download this game.. Thanks..

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:49 am 

aldenbaker wrote:
Hello..
I own an iPhone and the Kaloki is very adventurous game.. I found its very easy and cool. I would love to download this game.. Thanks..[/url]

yeah me too i own Iphone5 and KAG.

Board index » Games » Outpost Kaloki X (iPhone/iPod touch)