Multiplayer issues

Discussion about A Kingdom for Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

rogue48

Multiplayer issues

Postby rogue48 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:07 pm

My wife and I just bought the game for both of our pc's. We played on the original map just fine. But when we downloaded the two dlc's who ever was not hosting the game would get stuck and not allowed to move past certain areas on the map. we tried re-starting the game, switching hosts, re-installing and it still blocks the non host from going in certain areas. Any help would be appreciated.
Captain Jax

Re: Multiplayer issues

Postby Captain Jax » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 pm

rogue48,

That is an interesting problem. The sad truth, I'm sorry to say, is that multiplayer was never actually supported for the DLC of the PC version of the game, which is one of the reasons they are free. I appreciate you mentioning it, though, I will make sure to edit the website to clarify that. Again, I'm sorry, wish I could fix the problem for you. :(
rogue48

Postby rogue48 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Captain jax,
Thank you for the reply, My wife and I like the game and played it on the xbox. I just don't understand why the dlc would not be supported if we are able to play multiplayer on them in the first place. Every time I hear not supported it usually means its not going to work at all or the content wont even give the option for play in that mode. We bought the games to play together not to sit and watch one person play. Is there a way to get a refund?
Captain Jax

Postby Captain Jax » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm

I'll PM you about the refund request, but the reason why multiplayer wasn't supported in the DLC for PC is because at the time we ported these maps to the PC we were busy with other projects (and have continued to be ever since, thankfully!). This is why we made them free. We wanted users to be able to enjoy additional content, and we also knew that we may not be able to fully support multiplayer functionality because of time constraints. "Not supported" simply means that it may not functional properly, and it will not be patched or updated in order to make it function properly.

Again, the full game, the product you purchased, should be fully functional including multiplayer. It is only the free DLC maps which may not work correctly with multiplayer. Hope that clears it all up! :)

Return to “A Kingdom for Keflings”