A Kingdom for Keflings Now Available on PC!!!

Discussion about A Kingdom for Keflings

Moderator: ninjabees

Ninja Guy

A Kingdom for Keflings Now Available on PC!!!

Postby Ninja Guy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

It's finally here! You can now get A Kingdom for Keflings for your PC! We released the game today on http://www.NinjaBee.com.

Among other good news, if you go to the web site you can download a free trial version of the game and try it out. Also, for a short time you can unlock the full version for just $9.95 USD (50% off).

We hope you like it. Post what you think of the PC version!
Garak

Re: A Kingdom for Keflings Now Available on PC!!!

Postby Garak » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, I downloaded the trial. Here is the problem that makes the game unplayable:

I set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (Full Screen) and everytime I click something the screen blinks to black and then back to the game. Very distracting. Also, I noticed that the taskbar was still visible in full screen mode (which is tolerable if by design). It works fine in Windowed mode but I prefer to play games full screen.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium (6GB of RAM) with a GeForce 9600 GT (1GB of video RAM).
Garak

Postby Garak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

Well, I sure would like this looked into before the half-price deadline runs out.
Jeyefunk
NinjaBee

Postby Jeyefunk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Garak wrote:Well, I downloaded the trial. Here is the problem that makes the game unplayable:

I set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (Full Screen) and everytime I click something the screen blinks to black and then back to the game. Very distracting. Also, I noticed that the taskbar was still visible in full screen mode (which is tolerable if by design). It works fine in Windowed mode but I prefer to play games full screen.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium (6GB of RAM) with a GeForce 9600 GT (1GB of video RAM).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

This looks as though it's a Windows 7 issue where in some cases the task bar stays on top of programs. People have reported similar issues on different games, http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/thread/219e43ad-303c-4cd5-a30b-8780d608c45f has some discussion about it. At end of the page someone has even posted a user-created solution which emulates the disabling of "Always on Top" that previous versions of Windows had.

That being said, we're definitely looking to the issue from our side also to see if there's any type of fix we can do to get around the issue.
Mr.Miller

Postby Mr.Miller » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:25 pm

strange i have Windows 7 64 bit with 8Gb RaM and an Nvidia GeForce GT 120 with 1Gb VRaM and the game runs 100% fine for me.....
Garak

Postby Garak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Oddly enough, I just tried it and it is working fine now in full screen 1920 x 1080. I have made no changes to Windows or any drivers.

Oh well, as long as it is fixed I am happy.
Garak

Postby Garak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 pm

One other question, the DLC from the 360 version (which I did buy but haven't actually gotten around to playing it), is it included in the PC version?

If not, will it be available for purchase?
Wolfie

Postby Wolfie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Garak wrote:One other question, the DLC from the 360 version (which I did buy but haven't actually gotten around to playing it), is it included in the PC version?

If not, will it be available for purchase?

I can answer this one as I asked it as well. No, its not included and no it is not currently available to the PC though they said it will eventually be available, no release date given.

Play the DLC. For me, it was worth it. Some interesting and challenging maps in it.
"Its what you do in a heard, you help each other." - Manny from Ice Age.
"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them" - Me
Garak

Postby Garak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Ok, the flashing screen is back and this time I know what is causing it! I thought I would post this so that Ninjabee can possibly fix it but more importantly for other players to use a workaround.

It seems that what is keeping the taskbar on top is Firefox. I tried opening Internet Explorer to see if the same thing happened but it is only Firefox that keeps the taskbar on top.

The solution, close all Firefox windows while playing.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm

How odd! Thank you very much for posting a followup on that. I'm not sure how we could detect/address that in the game, but at the very least this will help with other people having the same problem...
Wolfie

Postby Wolfie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Garak wrote:Ok, the flashing screen is back and this time I know what is causing it! I thought I would post this so that Ninjabee can possibly fix it but more importantly for other players to use a workaround.

It seems that what is keeping the taskbar on top is Firefox. I tried opening Internet Explorer to see if the same thing happened but it is only Firefox that keeps the taskbar on top.

I use Firefox on Win7-64 dual monitors and play AKFK just fine without having to close Firefox.
"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them" - Me
Garak

Postby Garak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Garak wrote:Ok, the flashing screen is back and this time I know what is causing it! I thought I would post this so that Ninjabee can possibly fix it but more importantly for other players to use a workaround.

I use Firefox on Win7-64 dual monitors and play AKFK just fine without having to close Firefox.

Hmm... I run adblock plus so I wonder if that is it. Oh well, I am not getting rid of that add-on, it is the only reason I use Firefox, I hate ads.

Yeah, I didn't expect that Ninjabee would be able to fix it, it's really an issue with Firefox, not the game.

I am loving this LAN play, thanks for including it in the PC version.
Wolfie

Postby Wolfie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Garak wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Garak wrote:Hmm... I run adblock plus so I wonder if that is it. Oh well, I am not getting rid of that add-on, it is the only reason I use Firefox, I hate ads.

Yeah, I didn't expect that Ninjabee would be able to fix it, it's really an issue with Firefox, not the game.

I am loving this LAN play, thanks for including it in the PC version.

Nope, probably not it either. I run Adblock Plus as well as FlashBlock too, and WebDeveloper, etc Quite a few plugins actually.
Garak

Postby Garak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:41 pm

I don't know then, AnyDVD, Windows Live Messenger, Steam. I don't run anything else in the background.
stay
NinjaBee

Postby stay » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, could you describe your LAN play scenario? With whom are you playing? Are you in the same room? If not, how do you communicate? How many players? Are you all experienced kefling kingdom builders? How long are your play sessions?

I just have no idea if and how most people will use the feature, so I'm curious.

Thanks!

Return to “A Kingdom for Keflings”