Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Games » A Kingdom for Keflings

Post subject: keflings for PC
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:31 am 

I was wondering if you were going to make a kingdom for keflings for the Pc anytime?

Post subject: Re: keflings for PC
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 pm 
NinjaBee

It's definitely something we're thinking about. We'll let you know when we have more information to share!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:31 am 

I'd buy the PC version for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 pm 

Thank you for responding so quick i couldn't get back to you but i would really buy the game for pc if you made it. I hope you do make it . :D

I was wondering if there was any word that a pc version is coming out or in the works yet ?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:26 pm 

has there been any talk about a pc version in the works yet for keflings ?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:28 am 

I'd love one of these too. Particularly if it had modding support - custom buildings? Awesome!

Probably it'd be best to release through Steam for $10 or something. :)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm 

I would love to know if you have any real plans to release this game on pc? It is something i would DEFINATELY buy from you if you did. Even if you had to release it without online support I would still buy it. My girlfriend used to love playing it on xbox until the stupid thing melted :(

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:53 pm 

We have real plans to release A Kingdom for Keflings on the PC. We are currently in beta testing right now. After we've finished that we will figure out when we will actually release it.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:21 pm 

When you make this game for the PC, I have a few questions :?:
:idea:
Will there be a Map Editor?
Will there be able to make armies and attack other peoples Maps?
What will the Buildings Cap be?
If you have kingdom for keflings on your computer, How do you get your avatar on there?
Lastly I play Warcraft 3 and if you make this game like that, and you can change the size of the map and increase the buildings cap. That would be awesome. You can Edit everything in Warcraft 3.
Are some hacks to you game, Build a Factory, a little to the left make a Tailor Shop, then put a loom behind that and you have mass-production. Some buildings connect to each other. I would like more Hidden Blue Prints and more building to connect together.
Maybe in the future Keep making more and New buildings so we could download them?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am 
NinjaBee

Thanks for the question! I'll answer them below. To start with, I want to clarify that the PC version of AKFK is very much the same game from the Xbox, with the same feature set, but with completely redesigned controls for an ideal PC experience!

sloop1 wrote:
When you make this game for the PC, I have a few questions :?:
:idea:
Will there be a Map Editor?

No. That'd be a big chunk of work... :(
Quote:

Armies?! Attacking?! I'm horrified at your suggestion, sir! :shock:
Quote:
What will the Buildings Cap be?

Hmm... I'm actually not sure, but I imagine it'll be close to what it was in the Xbox release.
Quote:
If you have kingdom for keflings on your computer, How do you get your avatar on there?

The original game on the Xbox included built-in non-avatar characters. Most people didn't play with these, but they were there. Those are the playable characters in the PC release, instead of avatars. Each of the 4 characters has unique attributes that affect how they interact with the world.
Quote:
Lastly I play Warcraft 3 and if you make this game like that, and you can change the size of the map and increase the buildings cap. That would be awesome. You can Edit everything in Warcraft 3.
Are some hacks to you game, Build a Factory, a little to the left make a Tailor Shop, then put a loom behind that and you have mass-production. Some buildings connect to each other. I would like more Hidden Blue Prints and more building to connect together.
Maybe in the future Keep making more and New buildings so we could download them?

These are good ideas, but definitely not included in the PC release.

It's the same (we think great) game, just adapted carefully to a new platform. If you liked AKFK on Live Arcade, you'll like it on Windows! If you couldn't play the game before because you didn't have an Xbox 360, then check this version out!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:42 am 

[/quote]
Armies?! Attacking?! I'm horrified at your suggestion, sir! :shock:
[quote]

The reason why I asked this is that there are a few buildings in the game that would suggest it, Armory and Arsenal. There are also 3 items in the game that are not Used.

Listed Below :
Conservatory ( in factory )
Kitchen ( in factory ) and
Spiral Staircase ( in Castle Workshop )

Will these be removed or used in the PC version? I'm hoping to see some
new buildings :?:

The reason I asked if there was going to be a map editor was; I went on youtube.com and I was looking for this game game-play I saw a few like, I'll list one and you can see if you want to look for more. Here is the link if you want to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxZ-Tv41vHk

Note : I would pay $50 for a Map Editor.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 am 
NinjaBee

sloop1 wrote:
The reason why I asked this is that there are a few buildings in the game that would suggest it, Armory and Arsenal. There are also 3 items in the game that are not Used.

Listed Below :
Conservatory ( in factory )
Kitchen ( in factory ) and
Spiral Staircase ( in Castle Workshop )

Will these be removed or used in the PC version? I'm hoping to see some
new buildings :?:

Ah, yeah. Well, to be honest, those were placeholder, and we never used them. And nope, no new buildings. Just the same wonderful awesome buildings in the Xbox game! :)

Quote:
The reason I asked if there was going to be a map editor was; I went on youtube.com and I was looking for this game game-play I saw a few like, I'll list one and you can see if you want to look for more. Here is the link if you want to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxZ-Tv41vHk

Note : I would pay $50 for a Map Editor.

Noted! What would you want to edit with a map editor? Are you playing the game on Live Arcade? Did you try the downloadable maps?

The video you referred to was a hacked game with extra stuff and extra keflings cheated in. Not exactly an editor. Even if we built an editor we wouldn't allow that many keflings. Did you notice the frame rate problems?

Shameless vaguely relevant plug: If you like map editors, check out Band of Bugs on Live Arcade, or Band of Bugs for Windows, each of which has a pretty cool in-game editor and the ability to play custom maps with your friends!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 am 

i was wondering if you would be able to use a controller on the computer to play the game or if it only uses the keyboard. When the game is maybe coming out on pc?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm 
NinjaBee

We completely redesigned the interface to work nicely on the PC, so it uses the mouse (you can play entirely with the mouse if you like) and keyboard. There is no controller support, currently.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 am 

Will their be more maps in the future? Do you know about the seasons? I'll tell you want I found.

Summer you harvest trees faster.
Spring your harvest nothing ( I though it was sheep).
Fall you harvest crystals faster.
Winter you harvest rocks faster.

Did you know about that or was it for the players to discover Hidden things like them statues? 4 little ones make 1 giant one.

I was playing around and tried putting 4 of the other ones together but no big one of that.

Board index » Games » A Kingdom for Keflings